Today i wanted to create a new tenant and its vApps but i ran into “failed to deploy vApp…“. after searching the internet i came across similar problems but they all involved cleaning up QRTZ table, and “none of the cells have vCenter proxy running.” error. So I checked my vcell and yes I had the same error.
I’m pretty sure I know why, I had this error. 2 weeks ago I updated the windows OS on my vcenter and rebooted it without shutting down my cells first.
VMware has a KB for this but all it says is to contact support. KB1035506
searching on the community site from vmware i found people who left the procedure online. So….
- stop your Cells by running service vmware-vcd stop or shut down your VCD cell machine totally
- make backup of databases vcenter DB and vcloud DB
- make backups or snapshots for vcenter, cells, vShield manager
- shut down your vcenter server (don’t forget this step!!)
- run the script from below against you database server (adjust the script for you database)
- start your vcenter server again and cells. (service vmware-vcd-start if you only stopped the service on the cell)
- check if the error is gone
— SQL script begin —
delete from QRTZ_SCHEDULER_STATE
delete from QRTZ_FIRED_TRIGGERS
delete from QRTZ_PAUSED_TRIGGER_GRPS
delete from QRTZ_CALENDARS
delete from QRTZ_TRIGGER_LISTENERS
delete from QRTZ_BLOB_TRIGGERS
delete from QRTZ_CRON_TRIGGERS
delete from QRTZ_SIMPLE_TRIGGERS
delete from QRTZ_TRIGGERS
delete from QRTZ_JOB_LISTENERS
delete from QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS
— SQL script end —